Pan pizza is also known as Chicago-style pan pizza came into existence in the 1960s. Made with thin-crust, cheese, pepperoni, veggies and/or sausage. Pizza took no time in taking over peoples heart. Here two have a simple step-by-step procedure to make mouthwatering pizza at the leisure of your homes.
Images are subject to copyright
Recipe For Fresh Pan Pizza
1. All-purpose flour(maida)-2 cups
2. Active dry Yeast-2 Tbsp
3. Sugar-2 tbsp
4. Salt (to taste)
5. Oregano and Red chilli Flakes(to taste)
6. Warm milk
7. Warm Water
8. Your Favourite Toppings
9. Pizza Sauce
10. Mozzarella Cheese(grated) & Processed Cheese (thin slices)
11. Melted Butter
1. Take one cup of warm water about 200ml in a bowl and add 2 tbsp of sugar, no to this add 2 tbsp of active dry yeast.
2. Rest this mixture until there is a frothy or foamy layer formed on the top of the mixture in the bowl.
3. Now in another large bowl add 2 cups of maida ( All purpose flour), to this mixture add salt, oregano and chilli flakes(if possible add garlic powder or dried garlic pods tbsp)
4. Mix these dry ingredients evenly
5. Now add the forthy or foamy yeast mixture into the bowl and start mixing with a fork or spoon until the batter is dry again, now add the warm milk in less quantity until the dough is very sticky and stick to the spoon or fork.
6. Now slowly lift the dough out of the bowl and add about 40-60grams of butter (herb butter for better taste) now knead the dough for 10 minutes minimum until a smooth and spongy dough is obtained. (Note: the dough will be very sticky, which shows that it is perfectly done, once you knead then gluten is formed making it spongy and smooth, press the dough with your fingers and if the dough bounces back then it is perfect).
7. Now in another large bowl, Oil the entire inner walls of the bowl and place the kneaded dough into it and apply oil on the dough ball too. Now cover the bowl with a wet muslin cloth or cling wrap. And let it rest for at least 1-2hrs. (until dough rises and doubles in size)
8. Now after resting pick the dough up and knead it for 2 minutes, after this, spread the dough into a circular shape to about 2-3 mm thick and by leaving 4-5mm for the crust.
9. Now prick the pizza base with several tiny holes to prevent puffing.
10. Take a cast iron pan or pizza pan and butter the entire surface of it and place the pizza base in it.
11. Now add the pizza sauce(any pizza sauce would do upon availability or homemade pizza sauce would do too). then add a small amount of mozzarella cheese and processed cheese and cover the base, add the toppings (veggies or meat), now again add the two slices of cheese.
12. Now pre-heat the oven at 220ᵒ C for 10 mins.
13. Butter the edges of the pizza with the melted butter.
14. Place the pizza in the over for 8-10mins or Until the crust and cheese is golden brown in colour.
15. Remove the pizza from the oven and butter the edges of the crust again. And rest the pizza for 2-3mins.
16. And your Pan pizza is Ready!!